Friday, April 1, 2011

Poisson d'Avril



魚人節快樂! If you think that says "Happy April Fool's Day" in Chinese, you'd be, well... wrong! Kind of. 

That phrase above is pronounced the same way as 愚人節快樂, which is the correct version. The first one said "Happy Fish Person Day." I feel quite clever for making the connection, since April Fool's is actually April Fish in a lot of other languages, including Italian, German, Danish, etc... the title of this blog post is French. 

So anyway, that's why there's a photo of a fish for today. It's the fish in one of the aquariums at the Taipei Main MRT station. Hard to see how huge the fish is in this photo, but take my word for it, it's pretty big.

In addition to being April Fool's Day today, it also marks the end of my "sucky blog" experiment. The funny thing is that the blog wasn't the issue at all. It turns out that the wedding photos were responsible for my utter lack of motivation for pretty much everything else. Now that they're done, I do feel a lot more motivated to work on blog posts. 

I have a huge pile of ideas and photos for posts that I'm looking forward to sharing with you, but I think it's a good idea not to put so much pressure on myself. So rather than posting 5 times a week, I'm going to aim for 3-4. Even though it'll take longer to blog about everything I'm thinking of (and I'm not exactly super patient), I want more time to work on and edit the posts. It kind of annoys me that that I can't post more regularly, but I've decided it's a price I'm willing to pay for more beauty sleep. :P

Although since I get four-day weekend due to 清明節 (Tomb Sweeping Day, so people can sweep their ancestors' tombs) and 兒童節 (Children's Day, and yes, it is an official holiday, and children get to go to all sorts of places for free), maybe I can catch up on sleep and create a ton of blog posts! (Great, now I'm starting to sound like an optimist.)

Have a great day, all of you, and be nice with your pranks! Hope you survive the day unscathed. :)


with love,
linda

No comments:

Post a Comment